And I said, Oh that I had wings like a dove! for then would I fly away and be at rest ~Psalms 55:6



Saturday, June 18, 2011

On a Better Note

Officially this is the first project that hands down I've done completely by myself. I painted, I cut, I stapled, I painted again!
Drumrolllllll pllleeasseee....and Voila!

Before:


After:


This chair is a Goodwill find for 3 dollars. I liked it originally because I used to be an Alpha Chi Omega and one of the of our symbols was a lyre (3 stringed harp in the center..) After I started the project I decided that I wanted to reupholster the seat and make it lyrical.

First of all, I'm not a great painter. I don't draw straight lines and as much as I wish I could say I freehanded this, who am I kidding. My BFF Google found me the clef note that I had to trace and I freehanded that much...I do paint inside the lines when I have to!

I hope it looks as good as I think it does but I'm the owner/creator so I'm slightly biased :-)

7 comments:

  1. Hi Jessy, new follower here from Ruffles n Raspberries. I'm Sherri. Nice to meet ya!!

    I found your blog on the Better After Blog, and just had to come over and leave a comment! My grandmother has this dining set with the chairs that you found 1 of! It's a gorgeous chair, I always admired the harp in the back of the chairs.

    Your makeover is sooo cute! LOVE the music note you put on it. Great job!!
    Sherri

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is AWESOME!!!! Why don't I think of painting cool things on seat cushions like that? I always just dig through the same old fabric that I found at garage sales or clearance bins and staple them down.... Way to think outside the seat cushion box! (Lord, help me to do so as well!) :) And Congrats on doing it all by yourself! Feels GOOOOD, don't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi. Just found you from Better After....you chair looks gorgeous and I'm wondering if you would mind if I use a photo of your chair in my blog? I just did a post on my dining room set that has the same chairs and I would LOVE to be able to add your photos as another reason to paint! Let me know! Thanks and love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love what you did to your chair! AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for allowing me the use of your chair pic! Here's a link so you can see what I said about it:

    http://usethegooddishes.blogspot.com/2011/06/to-paint-or-not-to-paint-really-im.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw this on "Better After" and had to comment. I was an AXO in college, too, and I have been on the lookout for those lyre-backed chairs to incorporate into our my new house. :-)

    GREAT JOB!

    ReplyDelete